Hyderabad Stamping Experience

rangadu

All,

I went for stamping from Hyderabad with consular appointment in Dec 2nd week. I had Biometrics appointment in the last week of November.

The interview was not as dreadful as some of the posts have made it to be. VO seemed like he wanted to get me out of the way as soon as possible and move on to the next candidate. He did not ask me any questions or documents other than who I was working for and what my company does. I am on EVC model but he did not ask any questions regarding my client or for client letter or anything on E-E relationship. This may be because I am working for this company for a very long time and I mentioned that to him.

In less than a minute the interview was over and he uttered the words 'I am issuing you a visa. Good Bye.' and after three days I could pick up my passport. This seemed easier than my prior visa interviews in Canada.

I saw a lot of happy faces coming out of the consulate that day. Guessing very few, if any went into admin processing.

Good luck to everyone scheduling your interviews in HYD and elsewhere. Also remember that Hyderabad Consulate no longer requires Advance Document Submission. And I am guessing the sooner you submit your DS-160 the faster your process will be, background checks are likely started as soon as your biometrics appointment is done.

One other change, if you had your prior visa stamping in India for the same employer, you dont even need to attend a consular interview, you can use the drop box* (*conditions apply).

Hi Rangadu,

I am also planning to visit india and for stamping at chennai consulate . I am in confusion to go canada or india for stamping. I am hesitant to go canada becuase if I get stuck there then hotel( and other ) expenses will be high . Also I am planning to get married so thinking of getting stamped in india . I am on EVC model with vendor/client letters . I am working for same employer from past 3 yrs and same client for past 1.5 yers . Please suggest

NewH1-B, mail me at hivira on yahoo.com

njvisastamp, I too toyed between choosing Canada or India for visa stamping. Everyone I knew including my employer, suggested me to go to Canada. I chose to go to India instead because of personal reasons, coz I could not take my months old baby into Canadian winter nor could I leave my family in the US without having a certainty on my return date.

I went to Calgary twice for stamping and the third time to Hyderbad. I did not have much difficulty at any of my stampings. But when I went to Calgary and got stamped, I enjoyed my India trips without the visa tension hanging over my head. On the other hand, Calgary stamping cost me a ton of money and added an additional week to my unpaid leave.

It is a hugely personal choice on where you choose go, there is always a risk wherever you go. H1B is largely dependent on the company credibility. My personal take is, if someone from your company got stamped recently in one of the consulates your chances are better there. If you are the first to go for stamping from your company in a long time, you are the test case.

Archived