Approved H1B stamping in Toronto

Suri K

Friends,

First of all, I would like to thank Murthy firm and all of you, this forum has been helpful in getting my visa. By God's grace my H1B stamping is approved today in Toronto. Here is my experience.

My Background:

B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering

Worked in India for 1.5 years

Worked in US on L1B for 5 years

Working on H1B for 1.5 years

Green card is filed, I-140 approved. Waiting for priority date.

Interview Process:

STEP 1: Security Check

They are allowing inside the consulate only 10 minutes before the appointment. You can carry your cell phone. They will keep it in a small slot and give you the token. But no food/drinks/bags allowed.

STEP 2: Photo & DS-160 verification

One lady stopped me on the way inside and verified the photo and DS-160. (One guy did not have photo and he was able to take a photo there itself. They charge ~10 CAD for that)

STEP 3: Stamp on DS 160 - Loomis location

As you walk further there is one guy sitting there will stamp on DS-160 and will confirm your Loomis location. If you would like to change your Loomis location, you can do so online before midnight on the same day.

STEP 4: Token

At counter 4, one lady took the DS-160, passport and I-797 and gave me a token and asked me to wait for the token number to be called.

STEP 5: Finger prints

When the token number is called, I gave my finger prints counter #10

STEP 6: Actual Interview

After I gave the finger prints, my token number was called in about 20 minutes. Below are the questions asked.

VO: What is your company name?

Me: Clarification on the name

VO: So, you worked on L1 before and now on H1?

Me: Yes sir.

VO: Which client do your work for?

Me: xxx client

VO: The officer spelled out the client name and clarified.

VO: How long have you been working for this client?

Me: 1+ years

VO: How long is your contract?

Me: 3 years and may possibly extend

VO: Is your green card filed?

Me: Yes sir, my I-140 is approved.

VO: Ok. I am approving your visa and you will receive in 3-5 business days.

He kept my passport and I-797.

So, that's the summary guys. Don't get panic by looking at all the rejections. Be confident and positive. Make sure you have all the paper work and be honest. Wish you all the best! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hi,

I also have I140 approved but when i asked my company for any proof. they said that its not necessary if they ask just tell them tht I140 is approved. Did you cary any proof of I140 Approval?

If you are on H1 for more than 6 years, be sure to carry your 140 approval copy. Consular officers are very likely to ask for it.

Hi,

My employer gave me a copy and I carried to visa interview. However the officer did not ask for it. I mentioned my I-140 case number in DS-160 form where they asked about Has any one applied for your immigration? Explain.

If not the I-140 approval notice, your employer can atleast share the case number.

Wish you all the best!

Hi,

I also have I140 approved but when i asked my company for any proof. they said that its not necessary if they ask just tell them tht I140 is approved. Did you cary any proof of I140 Approval?

Update on this:

Though the visa officer said my visa was approved, they sent me an email by evening asking for few more documents (client letter, w2s, tax returns, bank statments and payslips).

I have submitted and still waiting for a response from consulate. When I requested for more information through email, they said it is under 221g administrative processing. So, keeping my fingers crossed.

Let me know if anyone of you is in the same boat?

Friends,

First of all, I would like to thank Murthy firm and all of you, this forum has been helpful in getting my visa. By God's grace my H1B stamping is approved today in Toronto. Here is my experience.

My Background:

B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering

Worked in India for 1.5 years

Worked in US on L1B for 5 years

Working on H1B for 1.5 years

Green card is filed, I-140 approved. Waiting for priority date.

Interview Process:

STEP 1: Security Check

They are allowing inside the consulate only 10 minutes before the appointment. You can carry your cell phone. They will keep it in a small slot and give you the token. But no food/drinks/bags allowed.

STEP 2: Photo & DS-160 verification

One lady stopped me on the way inside and verified the photo and DS-160. (One guy did not have photo and he was able to take a photo there itself. They charge ~10 CAD for that)

STEP 3: Stamp on DS 160 - Loomis location

As you walk further there is one guy sitting there will stamp on DS-160 and will confirm your Loomis location. If you would like to change your Loomis location, you can do so online before midnight on the same day.

STEP 4: Token

At counter 4, one lady took the DS-160, passport and I-797 and gave me a token and asked me to wait for the token number to be called.

STEP 5: Finger prints

When the token number is called, I gave my finger prints counter #10

STEP 6: Actual Interview

After I gave the finger prints, my token number was called in about 20 minutes. Below are the questions asked.

VO: What is your company name?

Me: Clarification on the name

VO: So, you worked on L1 before and now on H1?

Me: Yes sir.

VO: Which client do your work for?

Me: xxx client

VO: The officer spelled out the client name and clarified.

VO: How long have you been working for this client?

Me: 1+ years

VO: How long is your contract?

Me: 3 years and may possibly extend

VO: Is your green card filed?

Me: Yes sir, my I-140 is approved.

VO: Ok. I am approving your visa and you will receive in 3-5 business days.

He kept my passport and I-797.

So, that's the summary guys. Don't get panic by looking at all the rejections. Be confident and positive. Make sure you have all the paper work and be honest. Wish you all the best! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Archived