Canada Application

Jaguar09

Hi,

One small Q regarding Canada VISA application. In the section details of visit I am not sure what to put in as I haven't took any appointment for my stamping. I read from other posts to keep it as Others and write as H1 stamping and enter some dates and location of consulate. Could you please tell me is it ok to do this. Do they ask for the proof of my appointment.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

One small Q regarding Canada VISA application. In the section details of visit I am not sure what to put in as I haven't took any appointment for my stamping. I read from other posts to keep it as Others and write as H1 stamping and enter some dates and location of consulate. Could you please tell me is it ok to do this. Do they ask for the proof of my appointment.

Thanks

generally you will have to put in a confirmation page of appointment & if you are planninng to visit canada for stamping in next 1 year , go ahead & book a slot as you can reschedule it anytime within 1 year

Hi,

Thanks

Canadian Embassy will not ask for any appointment letter or return ticket for Multiple entry visa. You just have to mention a tentative date for stamping in application. In-fact I have not booked the date yet.

I and many have submitted Canadian TRV in person at NYC.

(1) Employment Letter

(2) Money Order ( http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf )

(3) 2 Photographs (35 * 45 mm)

(4) 6 pay stubs

(5) 3-6 month bank statements ( Direct deposit account) with some balance to prove you can finance your trip

(6) W2 ( Not Necessary)

(7) Form 5257

(8) Family Information form

(9) checklist on the top

(10) Passport

(11) H1B copy

Dude you can do it from New York in-person I just got on 12/11/2012 with multiple entry. just make sure you have proper document with you. here is the hold process step by step.

It is not a same day service. I went to Canadian Embassy @ 6:00 AM on Monday , was told to pick up my passport on Thursday between 1:00 to 2.00 pm PM. (They are close on Wednesday)

Get all application form from here http://www.cic.gc.ca...ations/visa.asp

Documents:-

1, IMM 5257E – Required

2, IMM 5645E - Family info required even if no one in the family is accompanying you to Canada. Require

3, Passport – Required

4, I - 797 (photocopy works) – Required

5, Current Employment Verification Letter – Required

6, latest 3-4 Pay stubs – Required W2 (Optional)

8, last 3 months Bank statements – Required - Don't worry if you have less money in the account. I showed $4000.Also gave a print put of screenshot of my bank account.

9, $75 for single entry or $150 for multiple entry. I got money order made from Publix. Payble to Consulate General of Canada (make sure sign write your name address on money order)

10, 2 photographs. Take with white back ground then upload http://www.epassportphoto.com/ you will get delivery @ CVS, Walgreen if you not harry then they deliver your address as well. I got from CVS. Write down your Name and DOB behind the pics.

11, if you know someone in Canada get invitation and passport plus point.

Process -

Go to the Consulate General of Canada at 6 am or a little early. You will be waiting in line; they only let 3 people wait in the security check line at one time. You can carry your cell phone and all with you before that just security like Air port

After security they will give you token you are asked to sit next to the last person sitting and you keep switching chairs as people go to the counter.

Once you go to the counter, there is a person sitting there collecting the documents. You are not interviewed. You are asked to just submit the documents and it is made sure that the money order is correct amount.

Place token on safe place when you come for passport they ask same token. if you loss then you will not get your passport.

If you want more details let me know.... pinakinpatel07@gmail.com

Thanks,

Archived