Missing I-94 personal records... Any side-effect?

AmazingTrans

Hello everyone!

Last week, I have finished applying for my Canadian Visa in .... It was a bad experience even till the end.

What happened here was, I submitted my passport with my new I-94 form and personal record that is attached alongside with it from the I-797A form.

The consular congrats you on the visa you get, and the next thing, I saw was my personal record of I-94 form was gone!~

I went through the security, after "begging" the head of security and other securities that the info i need is not with me, then the head security allowed me to line back up. I went back to the consular, and all s/he did was flipped through a bunch of other applications documents and found mine and, s/he pretty much just ruffled it in front of me, and said it is not here, GET OUT OF THE LINE. Next....

I was speechless, because this is my property that was given by the USCIS but the Canadians just ignored it. It is the same as tearing apart your passport page and give you back your passport book with a missing page. Is this ethically correct?

Anyhow, I would like to know how important is this piece to me? Because, currently, I have only my I-94 form, my employer has the I-797 form, and I have a photocopy of my personal record instead of original.

When my wife applied for the other country visa, I was told by the other country that they need all the forms which includes the personal record section, but now mine is gone. How will this affect me? Who should I contact? I could not find any info or anybody to report this problem...

Hope to hear from someone..

Archived