anyone opted for interview waiver?

vicky112

i am eligible for interview waiver as my visa just expired, i am working with same employee and my last visa stamping was done in hyd.

going to india in march.

just wanted to know its better to attend interview or choose drop box.

mine is a fulltime job with a small company around 100 employees.

any idea about processing time for drop box?

Hi,

I think the interview waiver is a trap for the h1b renewal applicants. I'm in india now. I've received 221g letter.

I'm a full time employee of a company for the last 4 years. (I graduated MS in US, worked in OPT for 6 months and got h1b as a fulltime employee. I had successfull stamping 3 years ago when I attended interview in person). This time I had to use the interview waiver option. I submitted my I-797 and other documents along with the passport on Nov 26, 2012. I received my passport back and a 221g letter for submitting additional documents on 7th by blue dart courier.

Additional documents required to submit:

1) Client letter

2)List of employees (notorized)

3)Pettioner and client aggreement

4)unemployment wage report

On 12th Dec, I submitted some of the additional documents and explanation letter from employer for the documents that they cannot provide. Now I'm supposed to get the passport back with another 221g letter from Consulate today by blue dart as per consulate call center. I haven't received as of now. Today is 19th Dec.

Meanwhile I had to postpone my return ticket to 23rd Dec. But It's unlikely that I can get the visa before then. I had to postpone again or abandon the ticket.

I cannot get status of my passport from anybody. Consulate says I need to check my case number online. I cannot find it at all. Consulate call center opens for 1 hour between 9 to 10 am. The call center lady behaves like a bully in your kids' first grad class room.

What my attorney and HR say:

1) You are not supposed to get 221g letter since you are a full time employee. Consular officer misunderstood your application and the nature of the employment.

2) Client letter cannot be obtained because I'm not working on client's work floor.

3) My employer who has 125 years in business will not give you the list of 500+ employees' wage and ssn details to you or consulate, no matter what.

What I'm saying.

1) Please avoid interview waiver option if possible.

2) Do not book a return ticket.

3) Arrange some one in US to take care of your asset or other stuff on behalf of you while you are fighting with visa officer for your re-entry.

4) Maintain a good relationship with your HR, boss and team while in US

5) Please visit India well before the current visa expires.

I din't mean to scare you, but I'm in a stress of worst nature that I have ever been.

Update: I have received my passport and all my documents along with a another 221g letter today. The letter says I need to re-laminate the information page on my indian passport and send back to consulate for visa stamping. I think consulate approved my visa but it needs the undamaged passport for stamping the visa. I got an appointment with indian passport office in chennai for submitting application for new passport today. The website says it takes at least 10 days to get the passport back. Then consulate needs a week to stamp my visa. So the whole process takes at least three weeks. To be safer side, I would like to assume it needs a month

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have received my passport and all my documents along with a another 221g letter today. The letter says I need to re-laminate the information page on my indian passport and send back to consulate for visa stamping. I think consulate approved my visa but it needs the undamaged passport for stamping the visa. I got an appointment with indian passport office in chennai for submitting application for new passport today. The website says it takes at least 10 days to get the passport back. Then consulate needs a week to stamp my visa. So the whole process takes at least three weeks. To be safer side, I would like to assume it needs a month

congrats kandasm.

what do u suggest me?

should i choose interview waiver or attend the interview

• 1 month later...

Archived