Visa Expiry date ?? - When Expirty Date of Passport is earlier than 797

VisaInCanada

Hello,

Thank you for looking into this and please let me know if you are aware of this situation.

My passport expires on April 2014 which is earlier than my H1B 797.

My 797 expires on Jan 2015

My visa on passport is expired and I need to go for visa stamping.

When I go for visa stamping , what would the expiry date of my Visa ? I would prefer Jan 2015 :-) , is it depending on

1. VO mood

2. Expiry date of passport which is earlier than 797

3. Expiry date of 797

Please let me know if anyone of you aware ..

Second que.

Can I apply for a passport renewal now considering my passport still has 16 months of validity. I am in Detroit region and renewal would be Chicago.

Don’t worry, you will get your visa till Jan 2015, but while coming back you may get your I-94 till April 2014 (not in all cases). You can't apply for passport renewal before 12 months of validity

I recently entered us from Canada (Nov) after stamping and my passport will expire in June 2013 and my I797 was valid till Jan2014. Both Visa and I-94 Issued till Jan 2014

Hope this will help you

Don’t worry, you will get your visa till Jan 2015, but while coming back you may get your I-94 till April 2014 (not in all cases). You can't apply for passport renewal before 12 months of validity

I recently entered us from Canada (Nov) after stamping and my passport will expire in June 2013 and my I797 was valid till Jan2014. Both Visa and I-94 Issued till Jan 2014

Hope this will help you

That helps me !!

This is the first hand experience :-) , I dont worry about renewal then for some more time. Time to plan to go to Canada.

Thank you again.

Archived