I-129S of L1-B visa is not stamped

satishg

Hi,

I have valid L1-B visa with Indian passport. I am suppose to travel to US for an work assignment immedietly. I came to know that the I-129S copy should be stamped (have been stamped/acknowledged by VO). I have a copy of I-129S but it is not stamped. My employer too does not have any copies of it stamped.

My questions are

1. Will it be a problem if I do not have an Stamped I-129S?

2. Can I travel with Non-stamped copies?

3. What is the process to get the I-129S re-stamped from consulate?

4. What will be the alternative solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Awaiting you valuable responses.

Regards,

Satish

I had the exact same problem in 2010. It is mandatory to get I-129S stamped otherwise it will create problem at POE. For me, the officer at POE asked for the same and he verified the stamping as well

Before starting my travel from India, I verified this US consulate and they asked me to drop the I129S form along with a letter explaining the reason at Bangalore drop location. I did the same and got the signed form back within 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi XINU,

I have a similar case.I think one of the stamped copy i had was collected by officer at the POE.Now i am going to india for my marriage in Feb.Kindly let me know the procedure for me to recollect the stamped copy.Also i had my L1b stamping in Singapore.Can i drop the copy with the letter in Bangalore or it should be only in the consulate from where we got the samping from.It would be helpful if i could connect with you.My email id is xplorehari@gmail.com

Regards,

Hari

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived