Successful H1B Stamping on Dec11th Ottawa,Canada

saisri4545

I had my F1 to H1B Stamping done on Dec 11th in Ottawa, Canada and mine is in EVC model.

Here are the questions how interview went on...

VO: GoodMorning How are you

Me: GoodMorning! , I am doing fine ,How are you?

VO: So have you graduated from XXX University or YYY Unuversity ?(He asked because my passport has XXX university stamp and DS 160 has YYY University Details as I transferred to YYY university and graduated there)

Me: I graduated in YYY as I transfered to YYY

VO: ok, (looking at his computer) You worked in XXX, YYY, and the ZZZ(my employer) correct?

Me: Yes

VO: Are you working at your employer's address or client?

Me: At client site

VO: Is it directly with your employer or do you have any vendor?

Me: I have one vendor in between

VO:do you have client letter ,vendor letter?

Me : Yes I have

VO: Can you give me your client, vendor and employer letter?

Me : Gave him (in mean while he is looking at his computer)

VO: He read the client letter for a while and who is your client?

Me: XXX

VO: Was reading vendor and employer letter and showing me my employer's signature and asked so you report XXX person?

Me: Yes

VO: How do you report to him?

ME: Weekly meetings, Status Reports and Standby Calls in middle of the week when needed

VO:Can you explain in detail how you report him?

ME: I report to my employer on weekly basis how the work was done by me assigned by client manager

VO: You will tell him how you did it or he will tell you how to do it?

Me: It depends on the case, mostly if it is a normal situation I will tell him how I did it or if it is an issue/risk I will ask his ideas or suggestions

VO: Is he a technical guy?

ME: No he is not, but he has some technical assistants , I will take help from him.

VO:How many emploee's your company has?

ME:Told him the count around XXX

VO:What was your previous client?

ME:XXX

VO: Do you have any gap in between the two clients?

ME: NO

VO: OK, I am approving your Visa and you can receive your passport in 3 business days and gave me a printout which says how to track passport. and gave I797A

Me: Thank you! Have a nice day

Thanks for murthy forum which helped alot!

I hope this will help the people who are planning to attend visa interview.

@SaiSri4545

First of all Congratulations. As you mentioned you transferred from xx to yy university. Did you metion about your XX university on DS-160 from or you just mentioned about your YY university where you graudated? This will be a big help. Thanks in advance.

There is a section for the ds160 form asking you to mention the schools attended etc. this is where you need to fill the details.

Archived