221G case: Got email form consulate to send in passport for stamping

humami1on

In the email they normally ask whether you are in Canada or travelling ?

If they asked you in the email .. then .. tell them you are in India and attache your itenarary.

If they didn't asked in email .. i would say .. if possible call your airlines and change your schedule .. they may charge some more ... but I have heard that if they transfer ur file to India you may have to pay fees again and may have to face other visa officer. If they say you just need to pay fee again and get the drop your passport than it's okay...

think twice for all the scenarios .. you know how it is to keep on waiting for stamping ...

congrats ... bye now

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, my interview was on dec 11th VO said my employer is ok the interview is ok but still he needs to do some admin processing ( probably background check as I have common muslim name ) so I went to india after 2 weeks I got this email below email to send passport

Dear Visa Applicant:

Please be advised that in order to continue the processing on your visa application, we need you to send us your passports (and the passports for any family members that had also applied for a U.S. visa), and a copy of the “Administrative Processing” letter that you were given at the time of your interview. When you send your passport through the courier (DHL/Loomis) service, please provide your Reference Number to them so that you will not be charged for the shipping cost. The shipping cost to send your documents to the Consulate is included in the visa application fee that you already paid before your interview.

If you are traveling soon, and would prefer to come in with your passport, you may come in between 8:30-11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. You must come in yourself. Please allow enough time to be processed through our regular procedures. You may be required to wait for several hours in our waiting room before you can hand in your passport and see the interviewing officer, so please plan accordingly. If you choose to come in, your visa will not be issued to you while you wait or on the same day. Your passport will still be returned to you by DHL/Loomis as outlined in the procedures below.

Bring a copy of this email, or a copy of the letter mentioned above, with you when you come to our office.

If you are applying for any of the following visa types, please include the following:

· H, L, O, P, Q, R (Work Visa) – Approval Notice I-797

· F/M (Student Visa) – Form I-20

· J (Exchange Visitor Visa) – Form DS-2019

If we retained your copy of any of the supporting documents stated above, we will return it to you with your passport.

Once your visa has been approved, it will take at least 5-7 business days to issue your visa and send your passport to the courier location you previously selected.

You will be required to provide your DHL/Loomis Reference Number and official identification to the selected courier location to retrieve your documents.

If you have questions or concerns on any of the following, you must access the Applicant Summary page, under your personal profile, at our visa information website www.usvisa-info.com :

· How to retrieve your DHL/Loomis Waybill Reference Number

· How to check on the delivery status of your passport

· How to change your pick up location

Contact the Visa Information Service (CSC) or DHL/Loomis should you wish to make home delivery arrangements. There is an extra charge for this service.

We strongly advise that you Do NOT make irrevocable travel plans until you are in receipt of your passport and visa.

Please send confirmation of this notice by reply email and indicate whether you will be sending your passport through DHL/Loomis courier service to our office or whether you will come into the Consulate to submit your passport in person during our public hours listed above.

Thank you,

Nonimmigrant Visa Section

U.S. Consulate General

1000, 615 Macleod Trail, S.E.

Calgary, Alberta

I sent them email saying that I will be coming after two weeks as I am in india with my parents, do you guys think there will be any issue as I am going late ? one of my friends went 1 month late they gave him blue form again his interview was in otawa mine was Calgary my interview was very simple asked me basic question like whos your employer, whats your major and what does your employer do that's all

Archived