First time H1B stamping

Roshini9

Hi All,

I came to the U.S in December 2005 on F1 status and now I am on H1B second term of 3 years. Since I came to the U.S, I haven't gone back to India even once. I am planning to go for stamping now. I can still get the stamping done at Canada right? Or do I have to go to India only? If I am allowed to go to Canada, are there chances that my stamping might get rejected because its my first time? Please advice

Thanks

Yes you can go to Canada for stamping. But You will need to first get a Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) its same as the visitor's visa. 2 ways of applying for this canada visa you can either apply online, check canada visa section in the forum for help, or you can fill the forms and submit in person with necessary docs. (I went to newyork there are other locations ) for the canada visa. Submitting online may usually take >40-60 days< , in person usually they give it to you in approx 4 business days. Once you do that.

Getting VISA for usa. There are various factors which determine grant of visa. It cannot be generalized saying you will or not get a visa. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get visa approved in Canada, or not imo

Archived