My 2 cents

mkitclr

First of all..Thanks for "Murthy.com" and the people who contributed their stories.

Had an interview on Dec11 at Vancouver, Canada

I am in EVVC model, interview time is 10 am.

I was allowed in to consulate at 8:20 am.

gone through regular checking process..I am wearing a watch with Compass in it, they asked me to keep it in a locker.(don't wear watches with Compass in it)

after a long wait I was called on to counter no. 2 bald short white guy with professional look and behavior

The interview went like this...

VO hi good morning

ME good morning..busy day for u

VO yes

VO who is ur petetioner

ME XXX

VO how long you have been working with him

ME 1.5 yrs

VO what do u do for the Employer

ME told my title and Job duties

VO do u have an end client

ME YES

VO how long u have been with them

ME 2.3 yrs

VO whom do u work for before

ME YYY, YYY merged in to XXX. so its like I am with the same employer and client.

VO ok

VO do u have a client letter

ME YES....gave it to him

( he looked satisfied)

VO can I see ur pay stubs, bank statements and W2s of 2011

gave all, also stated that I have 2 W2s one from each employer in 2011

VO Thanks

(he just turned the pages)

VO Started typing

VO Your Visa is approved, you can collect your passport once u receive an email

ME Thanks, enjoy the rest of the day

btw..he is making note of what I am saying from the start.

What I feel: be confident(he has to give u a visa), speak loud and clear(it will be noisy around there), dress like a professional. all these will impact.

Good luck to all

• 2 weeks later...

What I feel: be confident(he has to give u a visa), speak loud and clear(it will be noisy around there), dress like a professional. all these will impact.

Good luck to all

I appreciate when people come in and post their experience on this forum but this advice part is irritating. I don't think any of this matters. You need to be working for a good company with the right papers. No matter how confidently you speak and how well you are dressed, if the VO feels that your company is shady, they will put you through admin processing. FACT.

I appreciate when people come in and post their experience on this forum but this advice part is irritating. I don't think any of this matters. You need to be working for a good company with the right papers. No matter how confidently you speak and how well you are dressed, if the VO feels that your company is shady, they will put you through admin processing. FACT.

Agreed.....!!!!!

Archived