Documents/Process for H4 applying from India

Immidepend

I got married last month and I am working in US on full time basis. I want to file H4 for my wife and I am completely out of sync about how the process works. My visa agent in India is requesting I 797 for H4. I doubt if someone in India can get I 797 before Visa approval. Can someone pls provide me the document checklist. I tried pulling out check list off the web but it gets confusing site - to site. She is in India and we are applying for H4 for the first time.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Now VFS site is not active, check ustraveldocsdotcom for more information, you have all the information in the website.

Don't go through any visa agent, there is no I797 for H4 for newly married spouse, you can take your spouse H1B I797 and apply for H4 visa.

if you have any questions, please post in the forum there are so many experienced people like joef and pottenvicho, they can answer your questions. Go thourgh the ustraveldocsdotcom website, they provided all the information very well and contact them directly for any questions you have.

Archived