Visa Interview Vancouver Dec 10th - Extra Verification.

VanDec10

Hi,

This is how my visa interview went.

I have been interviewed by a VO who approved 2 H1-Bs before me. I was optimistic that even I would be through.

VO : Who is your employer?

Me : ABC company

VO : Where is your employer located?

Me : City, PA

VO : How long you've been working for your employer?

Me : 15 months (Since July 2011)

VO : How much is your salary?

Me : XX,XXX USD

VO : Do you have any issues with your employer?

Me : Nope.

VO : Where do you work?

Me : Client's Location - City, MN

VO : You have a client letter?

Me : Yes, Gave it to him. Looked at the 2 page client letter briefly and stared at the client's signature for sometime. He also noticed the client manager's email and phone number.

VO : How long you've been working with the client?

Me : Since July 2012.

VO : How long is your current project?

Me : It is going to last until 2015. (It actually gets extended on 6 months basis depending on the necessity. But asked the client manager to put a clause in the client letter saying, it is going to extend until 2015 based on the business necessity.)

VO : Show me your W-2s.

Me : Gave him my 2011 and 2010 W-2s. I had two W-2s for 2011 for 2 different companies. He asked me if the second W-2 was of my previous company. I said yes.

VO : Show me your bank statements.

Me : I gave bank statements for the last one year. He had gone through the first few months bank statements. He noticed a deposit for 10,000 USD in my transaction. He asked me what was it. I told him that I took a balance transfer from my bank.

VO : Ok, You send money home?

Me : Yes, occasionally.

Later, he was typing something in the system for a while. I thought he would be approving my visa. After sometime, he said we'll have to run some extra checks and it would probably take next week around this time or even before that.

He took my Passport, I-797 and Client Letter.

He asked me what was the best number to contact. I told him I don't have any number here in Canada and could reach me on my email. He wrote "email contact" on my DS-160 page which he took along with the above mentioned documents.

He also said in the end, or you might just be getting an email saying your visa is approved and could pick up the passport. Also, he gave me the "Was your visa approved?" document just like any visa approved candidate would get.

Please let me know if anyone had gone through a similar situation. If so, what are the chances of visa approval and how many days it would take for me to get the email?

Thanks and good luck for the future candidates !!

Hi,

This is how my visa interview went.

I have been interviewed by a VO who approved 2 H1-Bs before me. I was optimistic that even I would be through.

VO : Who is your employer?

Me : ABC company

VO : Where is your employer located?

Me : City, PA

VO : How long you've been working for your employer?

Me : 15 months (Since July 2011)

VO : How much is your salary?

Me : XX,XXX USD

VO : Do you have any issues with your employer?

Me : Nope.

VO : Where do you work?

Me : Client's Location - City, MN

VO : You have a client letter?

Me : Yes, Gave it to him. Looked at the 2 page client letter briefly and stared at the client's signature for sometime. He also noticed the client manager's email and phone number.

VO : How long you've been working with the client?

Me : Since July 2012.

VO : How long is your current project?

Me : It is going to last until 2015. (It actually gets extended on 6 months basis depending on the necessity. But asked the client manager to put a clause in the client letter saying, it is going to extend until 2015 based on the business necessity.)

VO : Show me your W-2s.

Me : Gave him my 2011 and 2010 W-2s. I had two W-2s for 2011 for 2 different companies. He asked me if the second W-2 was of my previous company. I said yes.

VO : Show me your bank statements.

Me : I gave bank statements for the last one year. He had gone through the first few months bank statements. He noticed a deposit for 10,000 USD in my transaction. He asked me what was it. I told him that I took a balance transfer from my bank.

VO : Ok, You send money home?

Me : Yes, occasionally.

Later, he was typing something in the system for a while. I thought he would be approving my visa. After sometime, he said we'll have to run some extra checks and it would probably take next week around this time or even before that.

He took my Passport, I-797 and Client Letter.

He asked me what was the best number to contact. I told him I don't have any number here in Canada and could reach me on my email. He wrote "email contact" on my DS-160 page which he took along with the above mentioned documents.

He also said in the end, or you might just be getting an email saying your visa is approved and could pick up the passport. Also, he gave me the "Was your visa approved?" document just like any visa approved candidate would get.

Please let me know if anyone had gone through a similar situation. If so, what are the chances of visa approval and how many days it would take for me to get the email?

Thanks and good luck for the future candidates !!

Can I get your email ID? Have some questions
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived