Calgary/Montreal/Ottawa

cooldude11

Hi all,

I am currently in a FTE position. Completed my master's in 2011 aug and worked on OPT till 2012 april as a consultant under EVC model and my H1 got approved. In october 2012, decided to quit the desi company and move to the same client for a full time position and my H1B got approved in 2 days. How early can i go for Visa Stamping. I already have one paystub from my employer, i am planning to go in january 2013.

1. Is it going to be a problem if i quit working for my employer and work for the client as a fulltime employee?

2. Can i risk and go to India for stamping? or is it safer to go to Canada?

3. What all documents would be needed from my employer. Since i just joined full-time, i have no idea on what documents to be taken. Also, i am the only guy working on H1B with this french company in US(They have over 2000 employees in the US), would that matter for my stamping?

4. Which of the 3 cities(Calgary, montreal,ottawa) is better? i plan to drive from my house close to NY city.

Thanks a lot in advance

I am an FTE in NYC. I went to Montreal consulate for my F1 to H1 visa stamping. It went very smoothly. If you are FTE you should not have any toubles. Visa officer did not ask for any documents. howevr you should be prepared. Resume and Letter from HR stating you are employed and stating your salary will help. pay stub and bank statements showing direct deposit is also helpful.

Its a good idea to send the PIMS verification email. Not sure if it helps or not, but I sent the PIMS verification email to the consulate email adress. however, my H1b was approved in 2011 and i just went for my stamping so it got plenty of time to update teh PIMS database.

Archived