L1A Petition extension

kishore1.kandukuri

My petition is expiring by June,2013 so I am going to apply for L1A extension. Please clarify on below qiuestions.

1) I have 4 direct aubordinates under me. Out of these 2 are Bachelor in Engineering,one is MCA(Masters in Computer Applications) and one is B.com(Bachelor of Commerce).

Is it ok to apply for my L1A extesnsion with these 4 subordinates? I heard level 1 manager can apply for L1A only if subordinates being managed are professional. So in above case can I say all 4 are professional.. does "Bachelor of Commerce " come under professional degree?

2)Also is it mandatory that I need somebody as my subordinate who is on L1A?

3)Is it true that putting only 4 subodinates will lead to mostly an RFE?

How are the L1A extensions are going in these days? are they going more for RFEs?

In order for a position to be considered "professional," it typically must require a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Just because a person holds a degree, this does not necessarily make the position professional in nature. (e.g. A fry cook with a PhD!)

A person in L1A status does not have to supervise someone who is on L1A. If that were a requirement, how would the supervised L1A worker qualify for the L1A?

In any case, there is no strict number of subordinates a person in L1A must have. In fact, some L1A managers or executives have zero subordinates. But, this depends upon the job duties, responsibilities, etc.

You may wish to schedule a consult with an attorney to review the details of your case and advise you accordingly.

Archived