Fresh H1B under Cap/Quota - Processing Time

ramesh789

Hi,

Currently I am in India. I was in US earlier for couple years (till Oct'11).

Expecting company X will be ready to sponsor me under next year H1B quota.

1) I know it depends on lot of things, but trying to understand from your experience or you know, what is the tentative processing time for fresh H1b under quota?

2) Can we expect the approval (if no issues from sponsor) by early Sep'13 if we file in Apr'13? what is the probability (percentage)?

3) Can we file fresh H1B under cap/quota with premium processing (PP) in Apr'13?

3a) if yes, is it advisable?

4) In case if I need to be ready by validility start date 1st Oct'12, which option is better?

i) File H1B (Cap/Quota) with PP in Apr'13

ii) File H1B (Cap/Quota) with Regular Processing in Apr'13 and If NO status change by Aug/Sep'13 then convert it to Premium Processing.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Note: Sorry for duplicate posting (same is there in H1B processing time also), NO replies thought that might not be the good place, so posting the same here also in H1B General.

If you are already on H1B previously then you are cap exempt and the company can transfer your H1B. If you dont have an H1B issued previously then you have to file new H1B next year. This year new H1B filed under regular process in April got their approvals by September end. Next yr H1B's going to be filled very fast. if filed under regular process wait till Sep 1st week, then convert to premium to get it by Oct 1st

Archived