h4 stamping experience

rajen.b

I have been following this forum for a while for my wife's H4 interview on Nov 21st. I would like to share her experience with the interview for future applicants. Interview was at hyd consulate at 9:00 am. She stood in the line at 8:30 and went inside and didn't return till 11:30 so be patient if your spouse doesnt return for few hours since the process inside the consulate is very time consuming. At the entrance after checking all the documents she was given the token number and asked to wait for her number to be called. After about 1 hr or so, her number was called and here is the conversation:

VO: Good morning

Ans: good morning

VO: Can I see I-797 and passport?

Ans: Yes. He took both these documents and typed something on the computer for few minutes.

VO: Can I see his copy of passport?

Ans: Yes

VO: What is his company's name and his title:

Ans: ........

VO: Is marriage arragned or love?

Ans..

VO: Who arranged it?

Ans....

VO: Your visa is issued and collect it next week.

Good luck to all the future applicants.

You can check the status of the passport using one of these options

For your convenience, you have several options to choose from to track the location of your passport.

Email: Send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and in the subject and/or body enter a valid passport number exactly as it was entered at the time the appointment was scheduled. Do not include any additional text. You will receive an automatic response with the status.

Online: You can track your passport online here.

Telephone: You can track your passport via our 24X7 IVR.

Archived