Visa Stamping Vancouver - No 221G?? but Employer Verification (EVC)

avinashnag81

Hi ,

Murthy Forum really helped me a lot with the information..Thanks to all who posted.

I hope my experience would help many out there..so here is my story !!

I had my Interview on 30th November in Vancouver and ended up saying

"Employer Verification" to be done.

My Interview went like this.

Me : Good Morning Sir, How are you?

VO : Good Morning.

Me : I gave my Passport and I-797

VO : Asked my I-129 and LCA.

Me : I gave him those docs.

VO : How long you have been working for your Employer ?

Me : 2 Years 1 month

VO : Do you have Client Letter?

Me : Yes Sir

VO : Do you have Letter from your Client and where is your Client and how long you have been working at this client location?

Me : I gave the Letter and told him my client location and said I have been working there for the past 6 months.

VO : Before this where did you work?

Me : I told him my previous Client Location.

VO : How long you worked for them?

Me : Answered his question.

VO : Were you on bench anytime ?

Me : No sir.

VO : How long did it take for you to relocate?

Me : 1 week.

VO : Did you drive or fly?

Me : I drove to that place as it is just 6hrs drive for me.

VO : Asked my W2 and said do you have any problem with your employer?

Me : I said i'm working with my employer from past two years and absolutely have no problem with him.

VO : He said everything looks fine but I need to do your Employer Verification and I'm Sorry it will take around 5-10days.

Me : I said sir I have additional documents from my employer, do you want to look at them?

VO : He said I don't need anything but incase if we need anything from you later, we will reach out to you and took my contact number.

30th Nov Friday - I had no status update . I contacted my employer and Client to know if they got any calls or emails for verification. But they said no.

But what actually happened was, as my client letter does not contain email id of my manager nor the HR dept manger , a email was send to the whole HR dept and somebody in the team took the responsibility to reply back to the embassy.

Questions and Answers to my client

1. Does Avinash work for you? He works for us through XXX

2. Did you guys give him the Client Letter? Yes

3. How long he has been working for you? 6 months and start date

4. What are his roles and responsibilities? same as the one in Client Letter.

Embassy people replied back saying what is your relation with ABC company?

My client replied saying ABC Company works for us through XXX Vendor.

Those are the questions and answers my client got from embassy and they replied accurately and very quick.

6th Dec - I was contacting my Client and a member from HR team who had no idea of what happened. They replied me saying they had no emails from the embassy.

I was so tensed thinking that at least the process was not started and no verification was going..what was happening exactly, on the name of Employer Verification??

Then I decided to send email to the embassy for the status update.

7th Dec - got the reply to the email I sent with the magical words in it saying UR

"Your case has been reviewed by the Consular Officer and they have decided to approve your visa"

and it might take 2 business for pickup.

Deep breath taken ...ufff !!!

So My Friends, If you are planning to go for an Interview make sure you have all the documents including client letter.

Incase if your Client doesn't give a client letter, then get the email confirmation from your manager .

Be confident and answer all the questions correctly, don't lie to the VO because he has all your Information.

Be prepared to stay for long time(2- 3 weeks) incase of such situations but don't worry you will get through it just takes time.

Keep checking with everyone in the office whom you would expect the embassy people might contact for your information.

It took me almost 11-12 days in Vancouver to get my passport back from the day of interview.

At the end, ALL IS WELL.

Keep faith in GOD and make sure you answer everything correctly and carry all the documents.

All the Best.

For any questions, please email me at avinashnag81@gmail.com

Hi Avinash

First of all Congrats for your successful visa Stamping .I have one one quick question .How did VO get the Distribution list of your HR . a bit confused about it . Was it mentioned in your client letter or they just got the info from some where.

IN my case My client doesn't give letter to contractors but i can get email from my manager saying .I work for them through XYZ company . DO you think it will work. At the day of your interview did you see any one " having email from client and getting Visa approved. Looking forward for your reply ..

Thanks.

Archived