UK Transit visa for Canadian PR travelling from US to India

eager77

Hi,

I am in kind of unique situation.

I am in US on H1 visa, which was expired in sept. 2011. I have valid extension till July 2015.

I want to travel from USA to India via London (Heathrow). I am aware that we need transit visa for travel via London if we don't have valid US visa.

Now the other fact is that, I am a Canadian Permanent Resident with valid PR card till 2016. As per the below link, a person with a valid Canadian PR Card can travel via london without having transit visa, but I am not sure its valid from travel from US to India or not.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/d...

If anyone is aware of this situation, please reply.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Here is the update of my case.

I travelled from JFK to Mumbai via London without transit visa using my canadian PR card.

At the ticket counter there was a lady who was not aware of the rule, but there was another person who was aware of the rule and told the lady. That lady allowed us and gave the boarding pass.

When we were boarding the plane the staff at the gate again was not aware so they called someone and confirm and then allowed us to board the plane. 

At london airport there was no checking of visa so there was no issue.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Friends, I am Permanent resident of Canada but still waiting for my PR card. There are some issues while processing my PR card and it has been delayed. I am travelling from Toronto to Mumbai via London. Can I transit from Toronto to Mumbai via London without a Canadian Permanent Resident Card but with a valid US visitor visa?

Please Please help!!!

Archived