Does Original H1B Approval Copy required from previous Employer for Visa Stamping?

varunp

Hi,

I have worked with an xy employer from May 2010 to May 2012 on H1B. Currently I am working in EC model since May 2012 and sent me all original docs (LCA, I129, I-797 etc). But my previous employer xy didn't give me the original I-797 but had a copy of it. I am planning to goto H1B Visa Stamping in Canada in Feb 2013. Do i need Original I-797 from Previous Employer or Copy of it works? Please let me know. Thanks..!

Hi,

I have worked with an xy employer from May 2010 to May 2012 on H1B. Currently I am working in EC model since May 2012 and sent me all original docs (LCA, I129, I-797 etc). But my previous employer xy didn't give me the original I-797 but had a copy of it. I am planning to goto H1B Visa Stamping in Canada in Feb 2013. Do i need Original I-797 from Previous Employer or Copy of it works? Please let me know. Thanks..!

You need originals of USCIS documents for interview.

You need originals of USCIS documents for interview.

Thanks for replying Rahul!

I only have current I797 original doc, but not the prev H1B approval document(I797) from my ex-employer.

My prev employer just gave me copy of it and he said they have sent my original back to USCIS for H1B cancellation process.

Do you know if there is anyway i can request a new original copy of my old H1B.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Well, they won't ask for old h1b original, I guess bcoz they didn't seem to be interested when I answered this is my h1b extension. Also you don't have the original and ur old employer won't provide you as he don't keep old employee's stuff. If I say u will need original what u gonna do ?

I think you are right.

Well, they won't ask for old h1b original, I guess bcoz they didn't seem to be interested when I answered this is my h1b extension. Also you don't have the original and ur old employer won't provide you as he don't keep old employee's stuff. If I say u will need original what u gonna do ?

:) Thats my question too, I was wondering if there is anyway i can get the original copy. I heard if we submit a form we can get it

Archived