shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years

sanjeebd

I have traveled to US on 5th July 2009 with L1B visa . I returned back to India on 19th Feb 2012 as my L1B extension rejected.

My company has applied H1B visa in this current cap and it has got approved also , so if I travel again after 19th Feb 2013 , shall I be eligible to work in US again for 6 years as I will be completing the 12 months period outside US on 19th Feb 2013. kindly reply.

Hi Thank you for your response- As you have mentioned to stay out side in USA, if I travel after 19th Feb 2013 it will be more than 1 year as I returned back from USA on 19th Feb 2012. My H1B VISA applied here from India and got approval on 19th Ocotober this year. So kindly provide your suggestion , in this case the clock will be reste or not for a freash 6 year???

Hi Thank you for your response- As you have mentioned to stay out side in USA, if I travel after 19th Feb 2013 it will be more than 1 year as I returned back from USA on 19th Feb 2012. My H1B VISA applied here from India and got approval on 19th Ocotober this year. So kindly provide your suggestion , in this case the clock will be reste or not for a freash 6 year???

As I said, NO.

The H1 has would have to be applied for after you have been out of the US for a year. In your case, the H1 was filed before the one year mark.

Archived