H1B 221g process taking more than 8months

chakri84

Hi all

I was interviewed on 21st April 2012 for my H1B in Chennai, Interview went well and vo said your visa is approved and you would get your passport within a week,

Got my passport within a week but without stamping with 221g blue slip asking for tax docs which i submitted them including passport on May1st 2012

Again i got the passport back after 15 days this time with green slip saying need administrative processing, since then there is no update from the consulate or the embassy

contacted them via email and phone all the time they would say the same answer "still under processing".

What is the next step i need to do. anyone have any idea where i can know the status.

Hi all

I was interviewed on 21st April 2012 for my H1B in Chennai, Interview went well and vo said your visa is approved and you would get your passport within a week,

Got my passport within a week but without stamping with 221g blue slip asking for tax docs which i submitted them including passport on May1st 2012

Again i got the passport back after 15 days this time with green slip saying need administrative processing, since then there is no update from the consulate or the embassy

contacted them via email and phone all the time they would say the same answer "still under processing".

What is the next step i need to do. anyone have any idea where i can know the status.

Welcome to the club, I have exactly been played the same way, but 1 year before you.

Stamping in Chennai: June 2011. Passport returned without stamp and mentioned 'Additional Administrative Processing'

Got denial email: Dec 2011

Got denial letter: March 2012

Petition sent back to USCIS: May 2012

What was happening all these months in the background??? 'Additional Administrative Processing'. Only God knows what it means.

Archived