Conversion of L1 Visa to H1 visa advice

vidyapd77

Hi,

I am in USA and working on L1B visa . My visa is expired but I-94 is valid till 2015.

Current situation in company is not good for projects, and H1 will open in next year April2013.

What are the options to stay back in USA and work till I get my H1 next year?

Quick response would really help.

Thank you.

Hi,

My situation is quite similar to yours!

Not sure whether these questions are answered in the past but looking for the right guidance. I am presently on long term transfer to the client place from an Indian company on L1 blanket VISA. I see a lot of job opportunities with better wages here for the technology I am working. But, I would have to have H1 and wondering when could be done for 2013 batch. People say that it’s easy and call it as L1 to H1 conversion.

1.So, if any US company is interested to hire me, when should they have to start the process?

2. My client is willing to offer a job. But for some valid reasons, they are delaying. I really don’t want to force them, so I would like to wait as long as possible. But how long I can wait before I insist them to start working on this?

3.Are there any links which would give detailed information on this process(such as document and other stuffs required for L1 to H1)?

4. Can I join new organization in Apr'14?

Archived