Reg: H1B Interview Waiver

terminator762002

Source: ustraveldocs

INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROPBOX" CHECKLIST

If you can answer “yes” to the following questions, you qualify for our Interview Waiver Program “Dropbox”. Please login and create your profile and drop off your passport at one of the 11 service centers.

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years and applicant above 80 years of age:

• I received my visa after November 1, 2008
  • I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew
  • My previous visa was issued in India
  • My most recent visa (in the same visa class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for a B1/B2, C1D, F, or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 48 months
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: L (Blanket) visa does not qualify.
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received”
  • My most recent visa (in the same visa class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen

The drop box service does not guarantee a visa issuance and in some instances you may be required to attend an interview. That being said, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Getting interview dates in India is a hassle and this will make it easier for those of us who plan to renew our visas in India.

Archived