Advanced degree quota with bachelors job description possible?

swthme

Is there any provision for students with advanced degree apply in advanced degree quota but the job requirement/job description matches their undergrad degree?

Do they have to use the general quota? Please help. I am in that situation. My job description perfectly matches my undergrad degree and the attorney says that they will apply in regular quota for H1B FY2014. Can anyone show me the reference too if possible?

For the Advanced Degree H1 quota, it doesn't matter if the degree is needed for the job.

What matters is that the degree came from an accredited public or non-profit private university in the US.

If your advanced degree came from a for-profit institution, it can not be used.

Is there any provision for students with advanced degree apply in advanced degree quota but the job requirement/job description matches their undergrad degree?

Do they have to use the general quota? Please help. I am in that situation. My job description perfectly matches my undergrad degree and the attorney says that they will apply in regular quota for H1B FY2014. Can anyone show me the reference too if possible?

What's the problem if they apply your H1 in regular quota??

All you need is your H1 approval.

Well It really doesnt matter if it is applied in regular or advanced quota. I am just concerned what if there is a lottery which is still a probability. I had terrible luck last year, where I got a good offer from a one of the fortune500 companies and they withdrew the offer when I missed my visa in 1 day(cap was full on the day they they filed my visa) and my OPT extension ends at the end of the year. This time, I am crossing my fingers and with another company.

Archived