h1b filed with premium processing,currently on F1 working on CPT

dave78

.Hello frens,

I would really appreciate if any helpful experienced people could provide me the information.Here is my situation.

My consulting company just filed my h1b with premium processing and currently i am enrolled in school with CPT.I have started the job at client site two weeks ago.Previously,i was on H1B and had worked for about 2 years and had changed my status from H1B to F1 status,therefore my cap has been counted and don't need to wait until april to file H1B.Just getting my H1b back.

My school quarter will be ending on dec 23rd and i am not sure whether i need to enroll for January quarter or not? I believe that the decision on my h1b should come by that time.aLSO I am not sure that whether my school will give a CPT for January quarter or not?

Is it true,once i received receipt date for H1B filing,i don't need to enroll for january quarter. OR i need to enroll in january quarter too just in case the decision on H1B get lengthened for example RFE reasons

etc.But what if my school did not give me a CPT,what shall i do?does enrolling in school make sense?

Please let me know what shall i do in these scenarios.

Thank You

Dave

I would really appreciate if any helpful experienced people could provide me the information.Here is my situation.

My consulting company just filed my h1b with premium processing and currently i am enrolled in school with CPT.I have started the job at client site two weeks ago.Previously,i was on H1B and had worked for about 2 years and had changed my status from H1B to F1 status,therefore my cap has been counted and don't need to wait until april to file H1B.Just getting my H1b back.

You said you are on F1, so are you going to school or not??

.Hello frens,

My consulting company just filed my h1b with premium processing and currently i am enrolled in school with CPT.I have started the job at client site two weeks ago.

CPT is not for working at some arbitrary client.

You are abusing CPT.

An F1 is for studying, not for working.

Archived