H4 - H1 and H4 - F1 parallel processing

ThirupathiRayudu

Hi,

Nobody has replied to my post. Looks like, my question was not clear. Let me restate...

My wife came to USA on H4 visa. She wants to pursue her masters so that we can apply for H1B after completing her Masters. As she has 5 years of experience in India, I would like to apply for H1B for this year in April. I am not sure, if this is legal to do, hence the question to the experts in this forum. If she joins a university, she has to apply for H4 to F1 status change as she can get OPT on F1. While the H4 - F1 status chanage is in process, can she apply for H4 to H1next year (2013) April, if we find any employer who can hire her based on her 5 years experience in India?

The question in a signle line would be - Can someone apply for the status chnage from H4 to F1 and H4 to H1 simaltaneously?

Thanks

Thirupathi Rayudu

My wife came to USA on H4 visa. She wants to pursue her masters so that we can apply for H1B after completing her Masters. As she has 5 years of experience in India, I would like to apply for H1B for this year in April. I am not sure, if this is legal to do, hence the question to the experts in this forum. If she joins a university, she has to apply for H4 to F1 status change as she can get OPT on F1. While the H4 - F1 status chanage is in process, can she apply for H4 to H1next year (2013) April, if we find any employer who can hire her based on her 5 years experience in India?

The question in a signle line would be - Can someone apply for the status chnage from H4 to F1 and H4 to H1 simaltaneously?

If she is eligible for H1, why do you want her to go for F1?

If she is really interested in going school, make sure that she completes her graduation before taking any kind of job.

Archived