First time H1 stamping in Canada or India (Urgent Please Help)

bs_our

I came to US 2 years back on L1 visa and then i change my status from L1 to H1. Now i am on

H1 visa.

May i go Canada for first time H1 B stamping (as my status changed from L1 to H1B) ?

If i may go Canada for first time H1 stamping, then which option is good (in term of better successfull stamping) Canada or India (as i am planing to visit (New Delhi) India in Feb 2013 also).

Please suggest me, as i have to decide between Canada or India stamping option urgently.

Generally, the first time an applicant applies for a visa in a particular category s/he should apply for the visa at a U.S. consulate in the home country. U.S. consulates in Canada have discretion to refuse to issue a visa to a third country national (i.e. someone who is not a citizen/national of Canada). If this occurs, the applicant must re-apply in the home country. S/he will not be permitted to return to the U.S. first. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the pros and cons of applying for a visa in Canada and to determine where you will be eligible to apply.

Archived