H1B stamping in Tijuana

nlstrip

Hi thr,

I am planning on going for stamping for h1b to Tijuana as well. I am on my 7th year on a FT position with an expired visa. Reading the posts/blogs about the stamping experience, everything looks pretty straight forward. Being a girl, i am a still hesitant, so please break my concerns. Do i need to take the help of a guide or can i do it myself right from travelling up to the consulate from SD , staying, consulate interview and back?

Could you pls, let me know the appointment process, how long before did you actually get an appointment date? Do i still need to submit a DS156/160 form and carry it with me? What other important documents that i need to consider apart from the relevant documents?

Pls do mention the most recent experience with the consulate.

Hi Guys,

Could you please post some steps on

how to go across border from san diego to tijuana - take a cab / bus ? do they take the I94 on our way in ?

Minimum period of stay in Mexico ? - 2 days ...considering ASC and Consulate visits

Any safe recommendations on hotels ?

do we need to make any online appointment to go to ASC or US Consulate in Tijuana ?

We really need your help guys! There are lot of posts about Canada but not Tijuana. Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Archived