Waiting on 221g from India

bharadwaj_mudigonda

Hi,

I attended my interview in Ottawa, Canada on the 30th of October. It is currently in administrative processing. I am planning to go to India and wait from there.

Do I have to intimate the embassy as such?

Also if I get the email from the embassy to drop the passport, do i have to do it in person or can I mail them my passport and pick it up directly from LOOMIS after the stamping is done?

Please help.

Thank you.

needStamp,

I don't think you need to intimate the embassy. But, I am not sure.

I believe most of the times embassy is calling in person after the admin processing.

Regarding dropping or mailing the passport by sitting in India. How can you enter to Canada without the passport with you?

Hi,

I attended my interview in Ottawa, Canada on the 30th of October. It is currently in administrative processing. I am planning to go to India and wait from there.

Do I have to intimate the embassy as such?

Also if I get the email from the embassy to drop the passport, do i have to do it in person or can I mail them my passport and pick it up directly from LOOMIS after the stamping is done?

Please help.

Thank you.

This is what you will get from Consulate if they want to get in touch with you.

In order to complete the application process, please return to the US Embassy any Tuesday or Thursday between 2:00 – 2:15pm (except on US and Canadian holidays).

Please present this e-mail to the guards in order to be admitted to the Embassy.

Please advise if you are currently outside of Canada.

Thank you

Ottawa FPU

US Embassy Ottawa

needstamp,

I guess what you are suggesting (Travel to India.Mail passport from-

India to ottawa

Ottawa (Loomis) to Toronto

Toronto to India right? )

is fine. Just confirm with the consulate whether you can mail it to them(I think it should be fine) before you leave..

Do you have multiple entry visa to Canada? (you can use this as a back up) (I am in the same situation , but I have single entry.)

Archived