Two I-797s H1b stamping

Luckychaitu

I have applied for H1 amendment and got the new I-797 valid from current o next 3 years

Thought the same with H4 and now I got new I-797 which is valid after the current one (which is valid up to April 2013) so now..

I have already booked my H1b visa slot along with depends on Dec 17' 2012 in Toronto

1. so now for dependents I have two I-797's, which Petition number, Receipt date and Notice Date of the Approval: should I give ?

Many thanks

hi Chaitu,

I am in the exact same situation as you are. I have my H1 till 03/31/2013 and after amendment i received a new I-797 which is from 04/01/2013 - 05/15/2015.

I am planning to go for stamping in December too around 22-27th (Have not booked yet, tryin gto confirm everything is ok if i go ).

I had posted my problem to a few days back and received responses from couple of people saying that we should be fine and we will be stamped till 2015.

(Link to my post is here )

Can you give me the exact dates u had H1 and when is ur new H1 starting from ? Or is there no problem with ur H1 and just the H4's is what is the problem ?

Bottom line after reading posts and speaking with an attorney is : 'You can go for stamping and show the new one valid till 2015 and it should not be a problem'.

Kindly keep me posted once your stamping is done on Dec 17th. It would be very helpful for me.

Thanks,

Vijay

vijay2745@gmail.com

Vijay,

Thanks you for your reply and help.sure I will post you ..thanks..

Mine is fine I have only one which is from today to end of 2015 ( I did amendment+extension so )

My dependents (only extension) so now we have two I-797's and my questions is

while filling the H1 slot booking we have to mention all the Petition numbers, Receipt date and Notice date for all the applicants who are going for stamping

So now here i think I have to give the new I-797 information because its valid up to end of 2015..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sunsam,

Once stamped with the new I-797 dates you will be able to enter the U.S correct ?

My new I-797 is from Aril 01 2013 so if my visa is approved i will be able to re-enter now correct ? I do have my current H1 till march 31st 2013.

You reply will help a lot in making my decisions. Please reply as soon as u can.Also can you share a few more details like the old and new dates on ur i-797's .

Thanks,

Vijay

Archived