H1B extension

vasanthishankar

Need some help on my visa situation.

I am on H1 visa(starting of 5th year).My H1B petition(currently working with company A) expires on 05-Jan-2013;My I94 expires on 10-Nov-2013.

Right now am working in E-V-V-C model.My current employer is going to file the H1B extension and I may get the end client letter(they will not mention the my employer name onthe letter).

My questions are,

1) Will USCIS ask for the client letter specifying my employer’s name in the client letter?

2) If USCIS asks for the entire E-V-V-C contracts, if we provide all the contracts letters between E-V-V-C, will this be ok?

3) Should I file in premium or regular processing?

4) In case, if USCIS denies my petition, can I work until 10-Nov-2013 which is my I 94 expiry date?

5) In case, if USCIS denies my petition, can I ask one other employer to file the transfer(one company x, is ready to do the H1 transfer now).if yes, within how many days company X has to

file the transfer petition?

6) Also, my wife got a H1 just a month back, can I ask her employer to file H4 for me and switch to H4?

Appreciate any help on this.

My questions are,

1) Will USCIS ask for the client letter specifying my employer’s name in the client letter?

2) If USCIS asks for the entire E-V-V-C contracts, if we provide all the contracts letters between E-V-V-C, will this be ok?

3) Should I file in premium or regular processing?

4) In case, if USCIS denies my petition, can I work until 10-Nov-2013 which is my I 94 expiry date?

5) In case, if USCIS denies my petition, can I ask one other employer to file the transfer(one company x, is ready to do the H1 transfer now).if yes, within how many days company X has to

file the transfer petition?

6) Also, my wife got a H1 just a month back, can I ask her employer to file H4 for me and switch to H4?

Appreciate any help on this.

1.Yes. Employer name is mandatory. Employer is the one who is sponsoring you, so without employer name how does that letter makes sense.

2.Yes.

3.Up to you.( I say go for PP)

4.U can work till your 797 expiration date.

5.You can, but make sure that your 797 doesn't expire before the transfer

6.You can.

Based on the above queries, and with so many layers in between I would suggest you to find another employer or project.

Archived