will my current employer find out about future employer

frazman

Hi,

I recently joined another company and my H1 B transfer is completed and I am ready to join there.

In order not to burn bridges, I told my current employer that I am going back to my home country, figure out certain things and then proceed.

Question is does this create any kind of visa issues (though my H1B transfer is already done)..or any other types of unforeseen problem?

I highly suggest you dont lie. Just say that I found another opportunity and I would like to make a move. The companies dont really care if you want to leave because they will find someone else. If they REALLY dont want you to leave trust me when I say they will give you a counter-offer and that rarely happens. Yes you boss or people you are working with closely will be disspointed/upset and in the moment say that dont leave but you have to be honest and tell them that you want to go ahead and explore more opportunites.

You have to be a man about these sort of instances. You cant keep the entire world around you happy- this is about your future and your benefit. Just think about it, if a company is suffering it lets go of people without really caring so why are you thinking about lying and hiding. Trust me this is the smallest issue in life you will face.

Also - If tomorrow you need a letter from your current company for whatever reason atleast you will have a clear conscious about it.

Archived