Ottawa slowed down: no waybill number yet, visa approved on Nov 26

Rupesha

Hi,

My interview was on Nov. 26 (FTE), visa got approved the same day..but no email whatsoever from consulate or no update on CSC website either...I am getting worried, has anyone got any updates who got approvals this week??

Have they slowed down a bit due to backlogs from last week due to holidays??? Pls let me know if anyone received their waybill number or email...

Thx..

Hi Rupesha

I have a question. I am filling up the ds 160 form online and I am also not able to add more than two of my previous employment.(+ Add Employer) button gets disabled after adding two employment information. I need to add more in this section. Could you please let me know if you have faced this problem.

Regards,

Sam

MyVisa_US - I went to loomis yesterday but passport has not arrived yet, she said she found me on the list and looks like it is still with the embassy...Its 3rd day from the interview and still no update, is something wrong? I have been hearing few people who had interviews on 26th and 27th, they got their passports back and even left for US...

Well, I finally got the right number to call to embassy and lady told me my case is on hold due to PIMS update issue, that's why nothing has been updated on my case. The lady said she is surprised that VO didn't inform me about the PIMS thing. She said the embassy has no control over PIMS update, since it's a firm in Kentachy that handles it and they will inform the embassy once PIMS is updated and then embassy will issue the visa right away and notify me to pick it up from loomis...

I feel this is very unfortunate and here comes more and more wait....

I would suggest people should send out PIMS verification email to the embassy before their interview, I didn't send it but again not sure if that would have helped or made any difference...

Thx..

The Ottawa embassy contact number is 613-238-5335, option 3 followed by option 8...A guy from switch board will pick, ask him to direct you to visa (consular) section....

It's my 4th day after interview, no update yet...so looks like it will be next week then, i heard somewhere with PIMS issues, it takes 3-5 business days...

Thx...

Archived