Successful Stamping at Vancouver

James32

@My Interview Experience

Most people on the forum have already described the establishment of embassy and interview procedural. So I am not going to repeat again. My interview was on Nov 23 at Vancouver. I am on EVC. I am in the USA since 5 years and this is my 2nd stamping. No master degree. I was interviewed by an American guy at counter 5. He seemed very nice and issuing visa to everyone.

Questions asked

(1) When did you come to the USA?

(2) Who was your previous employer?

(3) Do you work for your company or have client?

(4) Show me the client letter and certificate. (When he said certificate, I was blank as I had many certificates in my file..So just handed client letter and showed face like I didn't get later part. )

(5) then he mentioned,, "labor certificate."

(6) Where do you work? (Client location)

(7) How much you are being paid?

(8) Do they pay you on time?

(9) Have you ever been "onbench"?

Then after he was typing in computer for almost 2 minutes.

(10) Why did you change your employer?

Again typed something in computer.

After that he said my visa is approved. During whole interview, he didn't look at me at all but documents and computer only.

He will keep Passport and original 797 with him.

@Document I should carry

- Follow this gentleman’s post

@ Things to take care

- First don't look at negative posts on the forum.. Just ignore and take advantage of it by making sure you have that answer/document in your hand..)

- Don't discuss anything stamping related with others prior to interview. just be smart and prepare yourself quietly.

- you don't have to answer everything positively but correct. So try to give them correct answers as much as possible. And If you are making story then make sure you don't stumble while answering.

- As others have mentioned, Confidence, non-repeating/straight answers(Don't worry if you have to elaborate and explain in detail, do it), and face expressions(If he/she is looking at you) should be maintained while interview.

-

@ Should I go for stamping at Canada?

- Just like everybody, I was confused and afraid before deciding on interview consulate. They say that, If things are there for you then no one can stop you getting it.. So according to that, doesn't matter where you go, you will get it..

BUT

Humans always choose best scenario according to the present time. If you ask me, Canada or India? then I don't have right answer, I just decided, didn’t think too much. It seems they are being liberal since couple months.. I have seen many cases going through recently. Consider IWP/drop box if you qualify.

Regarding Canada, I know Ottawa and Torranto have little higher percentage of scrutiny than other consulates. So If you can wait for the appointment at presently known good consulates, then do it. It will be worth. I am not saying, that will guarantee your visa but at least, it will give you confidence. Vancouver is definitely good. I saw only one 221(g) on my day. Also, beware about the facts that, in case if you get 221(g), it may take up to 2/3 weeks and Canada is costly. I was not sharing during my stay, so I ended up spending 125/130 per day.. But If you are sharing then still you end up with preety decent amount like 60/70. On top of all, unplanned return ticket will surely cost around 400/500..But at the end If you get visa, then all is worth.

@PIMS

Folks would suggest you to send an email for PIMS verification. BUT it is fact and clear that, embassy don't do PIMS verification before the interview at all.. So stop sending emails.. USCIS will do its job by sending your app to PIMS within 15 days after 797 approval. Safer side, just give 30 days at least after your approval notice and you should be good for interview.(such like my case) Even after 30 days, If you end up in PIMS 221(g) during the interview, then USCIS didn't do its job right in your case and there is nothing you can do before interview.

@Regarding stay and food at Vancouver

Place is very nice, Many hotel options and good thing is too many restaurants. Indian/Thai/Maxican/etc..etc.. Vegetarian like me will also have many options.

@Vancouver Rental Car

I don't suggest rental car, at least in winter. You spend per day $18 for parking at hotel, plus parking charges at any place you visit. Also rental would cost you at least $50 per day. Transportation is very rich. SKytrain will take you everywhere you want to go.. Just buy a weekly pass or daily pass..

Lastly, “Good Luck” to everyone..

Hi James,

I have a question. I am filling up the ds 160 form online and I am also not able to add more than two of my previous employment.(+ Add Employer) button gets disabled after adding two employment information. I need to add more in this section. Could you please let me know if you have faced this problem.

Regards,

Sam

Hi James,

I have a question. I am filling up the ds 160 form online and I am also not able to add more than two of my previous employment.(+ Add Employer) button gets disabled after adding two employment information. I need to add more in this section. Could you please let me know if you have faced this problem.

Regards,

Sam

No need to add more than 2 past employers. I had 4 employers in my past but showed recent 2 only in DS-160. Good luck.

Archived