Annual Salary in DS-160

fin.naresh@gmail.com

Hi All,

I have my payroll ran way more than the LCA amount. I am planning to put the annual salary in DS-160 as some amount between the LCA and my payroll amount, which is 120 K. by having such large amount, does it imply lot of questions.

If the VO asks me why do you have such large amount as annual salary, could you any one please let me know what I can tell him?

I have my visa stamping scheduled in 2 weeks.

Thank you.

I would suggest to put your LCA salary in DS-160. Even if you have higher pay roll, it doesn't harm you. LCA salary is the minimum salary. If you are earning more than that, it is good. VO don't ask any questions, if your payroll is higher than LCA amount.

Again i am not an expert here, but this is based on my knowledge.

As long as your are being paid the same or more than the salary amount on the LCA (which should be at least the prevailing wage), then you are okay from that perspective. You need to list your actual salary (as a monthly amount). If you list some other amount and are asked for proof of income (pay studs, W2, etc.), then you will be asked why you did not list your actual salary. This will only server to case suspicion on yourself unnecessarily and open yourself up to more detailed scrutiny. (If you did not tell the truth about your salary, what else did you lie about.)

Always be honest and upfront in all immigration matters, including on all forms or in all interviews.

Archived