H1B visa interview hyderabad experience 221g

chantigadu

Hi guys,

I am going to write my experience which is a bit odd...

Scenario : I came to india last year and went for stamping. I got a 221g for client letter and client refused to give one. This happened in jun,2011. I joined an MNC in Nov last year. This year couple of months back I found an employer who did an H1 transfer for me for the same client.

I attended for the stamping on oct 23 and he asked me for client letter again and gave me a 221g and kept the I797 with him. I was able to get the client letter this time and submitted it on 19 nov. Today on 23 , I got a mail saying that my passport is with the OFC and asked me to collect it. The case number on my 221 g is my passport number. I called the helpline and asked them what was the status of my visa, if it is approved or not as the mail just asked me to collect the passport and didn't say if it approved or not. The helpline guys said that i would be knowing it only when i collect the passport. I tried looking at the pending visa link for Hyd consulate but it is expecting the case number in a different format, but my case number is my passport number. I am going to Hyd to collect my passport on Monday, but I am really nervous on what would that be ?

Anyone has gone through similar experience, please reply. Any result positive or negative would at least relieve me.

Thanks.

Anyone has gone through similar experience, please reply. Any result positive or negative would at least relieve me.

Since you have submitted the requested documents, I guess your visa is approved.

BOTTOMLINE: Do not attend the visa interview without all the required documents.This is so simple but still people doesn't care about it.

Everyone knows about the bottom line. People are not idiots to attend the visa interview without the required docs, but there are clients who are willing to give the letter only after the 221g like my client.

So you know that client letter is mandatory, then why did you attended the interview without that? If you had it then your interview would be smooth.

My VISA was approved and I collected it today.

Rahul,

Everyone knows about the bottom line. People are not idiots to attend the visa interview without the required docs, but there are clients who are willing to give the letter only after the 221g like my client.

Hi Chanti,

Congrats ...

Can you please tell me your interview experience in detail?

I was also rejected visa once and now I am got a new employer and planning to attend for visa again.

But I am not working here in India...?

Archived