Successful Visa Stamping at Ottawa after 221(G) - Oct 29 - EVVC -

arju20

Hi folks,

I benefited a lot from MLF in setting up and preparing for the interview, Thanks to the moderators and other members of the forum !! I want to share my interview experience.

I had a interview scheduled at Ottawa on Oct 29th at 7:30 AM. Was called up to the interview counter around 8:25. VO was a old white American.

VO : Hi !! How are you doing?

Me: I am doing good officer !! How are you?

VO : I am good. So is XXXX your employer?

Me: Yes

VO : Who is end client?

Me : ABC

VO : (confused !!) Can you come again?

Me: A B C

VO : Do you have a client letter?

Me : Here it is

VO read the letter and started typing something in his computer. After 5 min.....

VO : We need to further review your application. It will take a few days.

(Kept my passport, 797 and client letter and gave me the 221(G) white form)

Me : Can I provide you any other documentation at this point to help?

VO: No, we will get back to you if needed.

Me : Thanks and Have a Nice Day !!

Came out of the Consulate at 8:40 AM. At 8:50AM client received the questionnaire and responded by 10AM. On 10/30, received a mail from Ottawa FPU requesting to provide some additional documents (last 4 months paystubs, employer and middle vendor letters). Replied to their email on the same day within an hour. Was sent an email asking for some additional documents the next day (10/31) but they sent the email to the wrong email address. They noticed it again on Nov 5th, and forwarded the email to the correct email address asking for contracts between all layers to the end client, I-129, LCA. Replied back to them with the documentation on Nov 8th. Received an email on 15th Nov asking me to return to the embassy any tuesday or thursday. Went to the consulate on Nov 20th and was said that my visa is approved. Picked up my passport from Loomis Express on 21st and drove back into US :)

I noticed that being said "Your visa is approved" at the counter on the day of interview does not mean that your visa is approved. I have seen multiple cases where they were said that the visa was approved but were asked for additional documents later. I would say to be prepared to stay in Canada for a month, in case you are going to Ottawa. Rest assured, if your documentation is good, you should not have any problem getting your visa.

While in Ottawa, try out a restaurant called "Shafali" on Dalhousie St (very near to the Embassy !!) for some good Indian food !!

All The Best with your future endeavors !!

Archived