H1 experience at hyderabad consulate

sandolin143

guys,

I have been a regular follower of this forum, i want to share my experience with you guys. i had attended my h1 visa interview at hyderabad consulate on oct 17th, I am a consultant working in EVC model and this was my second time h1 stamping at hyderabad consulate. the VO asked me routine questions like my pay, my highest degree, about the client etc and returned my passport saying that my appication requires further processing, i was neither given any case number or slip, i was confused as i did not hear about this kind of situation b4. after a month , i received an email to submit my passport and i received my passport with visa after 2 days of my submission. I am posting my experience to let every one know that if you have a client and employer who is willing to support you, no matter where you appear you will get the visa. i heard from my client that they were contacted by dept of state 3 weeks back and they answered all their queries. I have been in us for 7 years and this experience will be most memorable as well as painful experience bcos i had visited india for my wedding and had to go thru painful experience. many people suggested me to go to canada for my interview but i had taken this risk. so guys the bottom line is if you have all supporting docs and references, no matter where you go ull get it.

Congratulaton Sandolin. I have my visa interview on 14th and HYD conulate itself. I was given a 221g form, however no update yet. Durign the wait time in your case did you contact the embassy by phone or e-mail. Can you share the contact information. I tried the phone numbers lised on 221g form, but they the worthless.

@Khwaja, Hyderabad OFC is very close to the Hyderabad consulate. In fact its just walkabe distance from the consulate. If you can go to the consultate any security guard can tell you the directions.

This is a stupid assumption that visa will be granted if everything is in place.

I went for my marriage in 2009 for 20 days, during this period I also went to the embassy to get my visa stamped in Hyderabad. They put my case under processing for 6 months.

I work on a direct job as a mechanical engineer for a fortune 500 company. I was paid all the time and I maintained status all the time (started working since the first week of my OPT). Took all pay stubs (3 years), Tax returns of 3 years blah blah blah but nothing worked on that fat old lady sitting there.

All thanks to my ex-boss, who kept my job even though there were lay offs going on in 2009. He also paid me, while I was just sitting and doing nothing in India.

It might be easy for mostly IT scammers to come back as they don't have a full time job and they don't expect to get paid. Not generalizing but few friends of mine (Engineers turned IT scammers) went and got their visa stamped and sat in India for a year with a stamped visa. They didn't came back as they were not having projects and once they got a project they easily entered US. This is not the case for full timers.

Even though I work for a very very big company now as a senior full time engineer, I am scared to go back for stamping as you never know what these amazingly stupid VOs might do.

This is a painful reality of getting visa stamped.

@Chantigadu

He said, before he makes a decsion he wants to do Administrative Processing on my profile. I asked him how long would that take and if needs any addiontional doucments to support my case. He said, it would take about 2-3 weeks and mentioned that he doesn't need any documents. By today its been 2 weeks, but not update yet.

@inspiring_progress:

My main intention of writing this post was to give confidence to people who are planning to go for stamping in hyderabad, because they are rumours that hyderabad embassy is not issuing h1 visas for people who are working as consultants. you cannot be rude and genralize people who are working as consultants as IT scammers. I have been a consultant working in us for 6 years and have not missed to pay tax even for a month. Dont forget that even people who are working as IT consultants are well qualified as you (I have masters from University of Texas Dallas). This is a forum to share experiences not to abuse the professions of people.

Hi Everyone,

my interview date was- 7th Dec

First H1B stamping (H1b started on Oct 1, 2012).

Have been working at my company since 2 years (on CPT, then OPT and then now on H1b)

Masters in Bio related field. I work as a direct employee in a top Bio company but in the Marketing dept (not into research)

The VO basically just asked a few questions, the min he asked me about my Masters he issued me a 221g (I've got a 221g even when i applied for F1 because of the bio field) and said that he will email a questionnaire which after i fill and send back, he will start the processing.

The questionnaire was straightforward- name, masters, countries visited and research publications and interests (i said NA since im not into research at all!)

I'm very nervous as i have to get back to my job by dec end. Praying that this gets resolved soon.

Archived