Visa under Administrative Processing

sunnygarg

Hi All

I am working in USA on H1-B visa for last 5+ years. I came to India on a vacation. Since my visa had expired on the passport, I went for the stamping again which was on 10th October in Delhi embassy. My visa was approved at the end of the interview in which he asked only couple of questions. I have not received my passport since then. After numerous mails to their helpdesk, I got a response from the embassy that my visa is under Administrative processing. They are not releasing any information whether they are going to issue a 221g or not or how long it will take for them to complete this processing. According to helpdesk, it can be even 6 months as well. Pls guide me on how to get any concrete info which I can pass on to my company in USA else I will lose my job there.

Thanks!

Hi Dude,

did they asked anything like to register your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/in website ...

i to got 221(g) in July ... up to last month i saw my case under administrative processing... now its showing as Case Number is wrong

i called helpdesk... they said .. from September the total processing is changed... please register on that ustraveldocs website..

and i sent a mail to to support-india@ustraveldocs.com

i waiting for the reply...

Administrative processing can take anywhere from few weeks to few months..but really depends on each individual's case. Administrative processing can be due to security clearance (TAL), background check or to question employer-employee relationship to verify legitimacy of the case etc.. And sometimes simply missing some documents..but most cases are resolved by department of state within 60 days. If department of state does not find any problem you would be contacted to issue a visa, otherwise they send the case to USCIS for possible revocation. USCIS reviews the case again and if they find anything wrong, they question employer which needs to be responded/fulfilled within 30 days. Again, if USCIS is happy with answer case will be sent back to Department of State to give them clearance for issuance of visa and otherwise it can finally be revoked.

So overall it is very frustrating process. In India, most administrative processing cases take 4-6 weeks roughly. But no one can predict especially because the whole process is not transparent. Please be patient and strong.

Thanks for the replies guys....I am working directly for a client through my employer. So far my employer also has not received any communication from the Embassy. The attorneys did try to contact the embassy through the "Support@ustraveldocs.com" email address but they didn't get any response back from the consulate. I haven't got any 221g yet so there is no case number for me to track. Its coming close to 2 months since the interview so hoping desperately to hear some positive news soon!

I was given 221(g) pink slip, officer said you qualified for visa and need to go for additional processing and ask me to give details @counter # 32, they just asked my resume, information about my emloyer sonce when i am with them and how amny siblings and took my passport.

Its more then 9 MONTHS i stil dont hear anything from them...my visa is still under processingI do have a common muslim name...

is anyone here with same situation......?

Archived