Visa under Administrative Processing

sunnygarg

Hi All

I am working in USA on H1-B visa for last 5+ years. I came to India on a vacation. Since my visa had expired on the passport, I went for the stamping again which was on 10th October in Delhi embassy. My visa was approved at the end of the interview in which the consular asked only couple of questions. I have not received my passport since then. After numerous mails to their helpdesk, I got a response from the embassy that my visa is under Administrative processing. They are not releasing any information whether they are going to issue a 221g or not or how long it will take for them to complete this processing. According to helpdesk, it can be even 6 months as well. Pls guide me on how to get any concrete info which I can pass on to my company in USA else I will lose my job there.

Thanks!

Hi Sunny,

I am sorry that you are going through this situation. "Administrative Processing" itself means 221G. The Consulate cannot disclose any information nor give you a timeline as per how long this process will take. It varies from application to application. In the last few months, as much as I have noticed, the process is taking 2 to 10 months. I would have suggested Canada instead of India as the process is way faster there. I got my visa in 3 weeks in Canada.

All The Best

Archived