221G white slip @ Kolkata

abhinabray

Hi Guys,

I had my interview at Kolkata Consulate on Monday (19th November) for H1-B transfer and extension. I was only asked 2-3 questions and then HT VO told me that I need to go through one extra step, handed me the white 221g and told me to take a seat.

When I asked him as to what it was about, he just told me to take a seat and someone will come over to explain me the process.

He also strongly suggested that I get a new passport because my passport had got wet 4 years ago. I got 2 visa inspite of it being wet before.

So the guy calls me up on a different window and tells me to get a new passport and puts in a tick on the Documents needed from GOI --- New Passport. The form already had a tick on it for Additional Administrative processing. He asked about information like my name, my height, weight, birthmark, fathers, brothers and school info and wrote those down in the confirmation to appointment letter and kept it with him. All the rest of the documents were handed back to me and was told that the process can take from anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months.

The thing is I am a full time employee and work for a fortune 50 company. I had always had clean record and got my masters from a reputed school in US. So the whole issue is a bit nerve racking to me and i fail to realize as to why it happened.

Any suggestions or feedback on your part will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhinab

• 1 month later...

Abhinab,

Did you get your visa? i ran into same case on 18th Dec at kolkata, work full time for fortune 100 firm, came for transfer and extension. VO told me the application is good, no further documents are required. Kept the PP+DS confirmation and marked admin processing (white 221g), the gentleman at the other counter asked height,weight etc etc. VO told me an ETA of 2-4 weeks, but this has passed. Any pointers?

Archived