Partial first name is treated as the Middle name in the I 797, I-129. Any issues for stamping ?

subbu stamping

hi all,

I need your input on issue with my first name on I-797, I-129 and the Passport.

Passport Carries the Name :

First Name : XXXX YYYY

Last Name : ZZZZZ

I 797 Carries the name

full Name : XXXX Y.

Last Name : ZZZZ

My first name has two words as given name on the passport. My company attorney made a mistake while filing H1B transfer in I-129 petition form.First name was split into two (First name & Middle name) on I-129 petition and thus the same was mistake was carried to I-797 approval notice.

My attorney has filed an H1B amendment to get this corrected. Its been 2 months and we have not got any response. I have to travel to india immediately. Is it risky to travel with the partial missing of the first name on I-797?

I would really appreciate your help and inputs in this issue. Thanks

regards,

subbu

Hi Subbu.. you need to enter your full name as it in in your passport in the first name column in your DS160 form and in the last name column you need to enter your last name..It dosent matter how it is presented in I797 or i129..you may have partial name or just your first name in I797 , but in DS160 form you need to enter your full name as it apeard in pass port because that name will be printed in you visa..

Archived