Urgent: H1-B Extension Visa Waiver Program Eligibility Question

kumarshah

I am applying for a US Visa extension stamping beyond 6 years now.

I have a question on the IWP steps.

My last Visa on the passport was issued in January 2008. So, I choose No for the first question for dropbox (As this was before November 2008). The next step has:

Eligibility Criteria:

• I received my visa after August 1, 2004.

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;

• My previous visa was issued in India;

• I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance;

• If I am applying for a B1/B2, C1D, F, or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 48 months;

• If I am applying for an H or L visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

• My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received”.

• My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen

Will I qualify for this? I am with the same employer/petitioner and my previous Visa was in same class after August 1, 2004. Or, since that Visa Stamp expired on the passport in October 2009, this makes me ineligible? I had the 3 year extension approval from Oct 2009-2012 (and now extension for another year) but never got the Visa stamping done for it as I didn't travel outside the US.

Thanks

Archived