H1 extension - 7th year - long wait and processing time - CSC

thyagaraj81

Hi Friends,

My 7th year H1 extension was filed on June 12th and got the receipt on June 20th. The status as of date is still shown as 'Initial Review'. This is with the CSC. Is this long wait normal these days? Does anyone have their 7th year extension approved with a later date of filing/recepit?

My visa expired a month ago and my employer says that since an extension was filed it is legal to continue working. But it bothers me. Can I now apply for premium processing?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Friends,

My 7th year H1 extension was filed on June 12th and got the receipt on June 20th. The status as of date is still shown as 'Initial Review'. This is with the CSC. Is this long wait normal these days? Does anyone have their 7th year extension approved with a later date of filing/recepit?

My visa expired a month ago and my employer says that since an extension was filed it is legal to continue working. But it bothers me. Can I now apply for premium processing?

Any help is appreciated.

@thyagaraj81 I have also been waiting for my petition approval and its a fresh petition. I applied on 1st of June and upgraded to premium on 26th of September. It seems CSC is placing some cases on inquiry and its taking longer than usual. Check with your attorney to get the exact status.

Archived