Travelling to India while H1B Transfer process is initiated - Urgent

sandeepnarla

Hello,

I am currently working Full-time as Electrical Engineer for Company A since 2 and half yrs and have H1 visa stamp on passport up to Sep 2014. I am travelling to India this december 2012 and will be back in January 2013. I have a new offer from Company B and they are ready to transfer H1 and do the transfer initiation this week or next week. I am not sure when will I get the approval as it may take 4 to 8 wks. But I may get the receipt of the petition to USCIS from company B. But my job at the company A will be there until I start the job at Company B just that I will be on Paid Vacation leave all December.

I have questions regarding the re-entry into US, when I come back in January or for some reason If i want to come back to US in Mid-December itself.

1) what documents will the Immigration officer need at the port of entry other than the following documents.

a) H1 Visa stamp on Company A

b) I-797 Approval form on Company A

c) Recent pay stubs from Company A

2) I am not sure If I will get the I797 approval of Company B if I come back to US in Mid-december itself. Will the Immigration officer know that I have applied for H1B transfer to USCIS.

Please reply your suggestions ASAP, I am planning to book my india tickets soon and start the H1b initiation with the new company. Thank you for the information.

At anytime if you travel outside US while H1 transfer with extension of stay in process/pending then you voluntarily withdrawing extension of stay option.

If you havn't received transfer approval while returning from India, if at all you want to join employer B they need re-file your H1 transfer petition which cost same amount of money and effort.

Archived