H4 Alimony and spousal support in Texas

zeebourne786

Hi Forum,

I have been married for 2 years but due to some unavoidable circumstances I am going through a divorce. I am filing for divorce from India as we got married there. I am on H1B and my wife is on H4 visa. Here are my major concerns.

1) Currently she is in India, can she fly to US and claim Alimony/college tuition/attorney fees even if I am in India?

2) I don't want to get in the mess of filing divorce in USA as it is very expensive and I cannot afford my own lawyer forget about her attorney fees.

3) what is the procedure to notify USCIS that I have divorced her and no longer responsible for her.

4) The reason I am delaying to go back to India is the freaking section 498a and domestic voilence case threats from my inlaws.

I just want to get it fixed and move back to my country. It's disgusting to see how the girl's parent can give you nightmares with these laws.

I have gone through lot of forums to research this but I have found conflicting view about this. So Murthy forum is the final door to knock. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived