DS-160 Error

Agamer21

Hello Everyone,

I've my appointment on December 7th, 2012 in Hyderabad and I've made a couple of mistakes on my DS-160 that I'm aware of.

• Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? I answered NO. I have traveled to India on vacation and back to United States. (Is this what should have been entered in previous question ?) What should I do now ?
  • Have you attended any educational institutions other than elementary schools? I said NO to this for some reason. I have a Bachelors and Masters degree.

I don't know if these are minor or major issues, do I need to fill another DS-160 to correct this information? Does that mean I need to reschedule my visa appointment? I would really appreciate your help in this matter. Please let me know ASAP

Thank you purpra and 4top455. I read similar posts and someone asked to cancel the appointment, the appointments are very difficult to get and I did not want to cancel it. I called the consulate and they have asked me to fill out a new DS-160 and carry both old and new forms to the interview. They did not ask me to change anything on my appointment page. I have seen lot of people asking questions but usually never find any feedback what happened with their interview or what the consulate said. I hope this information is helpful to other people.

I'm sure it worked for you. I agree that you could update your DS-160# but this is the feedback I received from the consulate.

Date/Time Case Opened: 11/12/2012 10:21 PM Description: Sir/Madam,

I have my appointment scheduled for H1B visa on December 7th, 2012 and I

made my travel plans based on that. I discovered that I made the following

mistakes on my DS-160 application

1. Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? I

answered as *NO*. I've traveled to India on vacation and back to United

States in 2009 and 2010.

2. Have you attended any educational institutions other than elementary

schools? I said NO to this questions by mistake as well. I have a Bachelors

from India and Masters degree from US.

I would be really grateful if you could tell me what I should do next.

Origin: Email Case Reason: Mistake on DS-160 Form Public Response: Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for writing to U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Kindly note once the form DS-160 has been electronically submitted, it will not be possible to access the submitted form and make changes. However, if you have made your appointment, you may upload the file saved locally on your computer to the website, make changes to your application, and submit a new DS-160. Please ensure you print out a new barcode after submitting the form.

Also, if you have made your visa appointment and incase you cannot retrieve your DS-160 please start a new application and carry both the CEAC printout pages (old & new) most importantly intimate the Consular Officer regarding this, rest is the sole discretion of the U.S. Embassy.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries. You can also visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com/in for more information.

Yours sincerely,

U.S Visa Service Desk

Archived