Wife on H1B/L1 & then I go as a dependent for MBA??

ak026

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I had the following query.Can anyone please let me know if this is possible?

I am currently applying for MBA(2years full time) in USA (have 7 yrs of work exp).

My wifey is a BE elex with 3 yrs work exp in embedded electronics domain & currently working in India with a MNC.

Can she apply for job ,get a Visa- say H1B/L1 & then I go as a dependent & do my MBA?

1.Is it possible technically ?

2.Has anyone done such a thing?

3.How much are the realistic chances of this working out?

4.After my MBA what are the possible ways I can apply for H1B considering I get placed from my college ?

5.Will I be allowed considering I will be dependent or student visa???

Thanks so much in advance for your time & thoughts :)

Cheers,

~AK.

It is Possible "technically"

Realistically the chances are very less

because "assuming you are in india the chances of your wife getting a fulltime job in US if she apply from india is very less. either your wife have to apply through a consultancy or your wife's current company have to sponsor her "

the chances of getting H1 visa the first time through a consultancy is very less and your wife should be able to tell you the chances of her company sponsoring her h1 or l1 ."

since you are leaving your current job and going to become a full time MBA student here in the us , I assume you are going into one of the top 50 or atleast top 100 colleges for MBA , if not dont even think about you getting placed right out of the college since you need a H1 sponsor . and again it depends on your specialization in MBA coz most companies look for Greencards and Citizens for jobs which require MBA's .

you can always come into the US as student (F1) as long as you can prove that you have enough finances to complete your education and you will return to your home country after completing your studies.

Archived