H1B in Ottawa - Waiting 5 days

kkdsd

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can offer some guidance for my current situation.

I had my interview with the embassy officer on Monday Oct 29th @ 8am. All went very smoothly and the officer indicated I should be able to pick up my visa/passport no later than Thursday.

However, I'm still waiting. The CSC Canada site indicates my passport is still at the consular section and I have received no updated. I called to make sure my documentation was not lost/misplaced and the office hung up on me. I emailed and I received a response which indicated that I should wait and to check the site for updates.

I'm very concerned, my prior stampings for F1 and OPT all went very quickly. I contacted my office and no calls have been made to my company.

I see through various websites that others who have had appointments the same day have already received their passports long ago.

What could possibly be the issue here? My interviewing officer went through all my paperwork and advised that all was in order. My office is getting worried and asking when I will be back to work.

Does anyone have any input on what I could do next or what could be the problems? Thank you for any advice!

KK

Still no news. I contacted my attorney who contacted washington and they said that there was no issue with my PP and the visa should be issued within a few days. That was yesterday morning.

So I continue to review the website hoping to see a status change. As soon as I see a change I will post. I encourage you to have your attorneys to check status - also to ensure that your workplaces have no outstanding questions presented to them - whoever it is that you have named as your workplace contact on your h1b application.

Hi All, here is an interesting development.

My attorney contacted legalnet who indicated that my visa was issued and shipped via DHL. When I check the CSC website, it shows as still at the consular section. I think there is a huge problem.

After contacting Loomis, they advised they see my visa/PP was picked up on October 19th. This is impossible since my interview was October 29th. So I checked and the CSC website/Loomis has my LAST YEAR's visa information/waybill number.

I believe that since I had my OPT interview in Ottawa at a similar time in 2011, that the system (whoever's) has not updated correctly with my interview information from 2012.

I cannot confirm this but if washington is saying I have a visa and the website we are told to check indicates its waiting approval and Loomis indicates the waybill the webiste shows is last year's information - something is clearly not right.

I will update once I have more info.

Archived